Stellenbosch MCC 2017
Stellenbosch wine region
Eastern boundary of Stellenbosch
Self-proclaimed by some as ‘South Africa’s newest champagne region.
- This Interesting Brut MCC, that since 2010 has been made by winemaker Anton Smal. Held to the light, you will see a pale lemon tone shimmering through, with fine rising bubbles in appearance, the citrus, apple and tropical fruit aromas and flavours showed a different characteristic of a Sauvignon Blanc profile.
- With a yeasty nose it surprises the senses, aided by 15 months on the lees and reinforced by over 3 years of bottle age. The appley nose hinted more at a Chardonnay Blanc de Blanc. The lemon flavours on the palate are balanced by a firm acidity and slight minerality to make for a pleasant and unique wine with an alc. content of 13.0% alc.
Awards this wine Estate has Achieved:
- Michelangelo Double Gold, Blanc de blanc Methode Cap Classique
- Vitis Vinifera Gold for Sauvignon blanc MCC 2018
- 4 star John Platter for The Crags Sauvignon blanc MCC 2016
- Hidden Gem award John Platter for the 2014 MCC Chardonnay